We offer the following services.
Contact us with any questions or to talk about your needs.
Bob always does a fantastic job tuning our old piano!
- Eric Wood
Expert Piano Tuning
Acoustic pianos require periodic tuning in order to derive optimal musical value from them. Tuning is the adjustment of the tension of the piano strings to their required frequencies. For ear training and playing with other instruments it is especially important to have your piano playing at the correct pitch. We offer tunings for all types of pianos from the humble spinet to concert grands.
To schedule your piano for a tuning, please call (765) 284-1546 or contact me through this site.
In addition to thousands of individual pianos & most churches in the area, other tunings of
- U.S. Air Force Band • Bob Dylan
- Muncie Symphony Orchestra • John Mellencamp
- Rodney Marsalis • Ball State School of Music
- Taylor University • Studio ‘D’ • The Five Browns
- Hastings Piano Competition • Marion Philharmonic • Pruis Hall
- Indiana Public Radio • Delaware Community Schools • Angelin Chang
- Annie Moses • Emens Auditorium • Minnetrista Cultural Center • Natalie Cole
- Gaither Studios • Yuko Mabuchi • Texas Tenors • Muncie Community Schools • Dailey & Vincent
- Victor Borge’ • Jay County Schools • Ryan & Ryan • Bria Skonberg • Mandy Harvey • Kat Edmonson • Mad’s Tolling • etc…
Pianists often desire a piano that responds to every nuance. When the piano’s action becomes less responsive or harder to control it may be time for regulation. Many pianos only need regulation every 10 years. There are thousands of parts in a piano’s action and every moving part and stationary piece of felt and leather needs to be properly addressed so that the action will respond smoothly and correctly. With at least 12,000 parts on most acoustic pianos and tolerances often of 1 mm or less, repairs and periodic adjustments or “regulation” is critical.
We do all types of minor & major repairs to acoustic pianos including:
- Extensive action adjustments, restoration & regulation
- New key tops
- Bridge & soundboard repair and restoration
- Full case refinishing available with major restorations
After the piano is in tune, the tone or “timbre” of the piano can still be adjusted if needed. Voicing involves balancing the tone across the whole compass of the scale. Whether a piano is generally too bright or too mellow it can often be tone adjusted or “voiced” to sound just right.
We provide written appraisals of your instrument. Insurance replacement values, wholesale and general market values are included in the appraisal. Sometimes a simple verbal assessment can be done via phone or e-mail.
Humidity Control Systems
Pianos are primarily made of wood, which can move dramatically as it absorbs and releases moisture in reaction to changes in the air’s humidity each season. These changes can have drastic, detrimental effects upon your instrument. The good news is that something can be done about it. See our info page for more information on this topic and how we can help.